Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Solids challenge - received!

Remember awhile back when I posted about my first paper-pieced block? It went into the solids challenge swap at Portland Modern Quilt Guild and this is the pillow cover I got back!


Isn't it fantastic?! My friend, Petra got the block in the swap and made this gorgeous pillow cover. I can't believe I didn't take a picture of the back but it's Alexander Henry Heath in gray and some amazing gray and orange buttons.

And check out Petra's crazy awesome quilting:


I know I'm gushing but I just love it to bits and am so happy to have it on a chair in my sewing room so I can see it every day!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you like it!! Anytime you want to make an amazing block like that I would be happy to quilt it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I was thinking of you when I heard about all of the hullabaloo at the Shakespeare Festival and thinking you're probably happy not to have deal with all that mess!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!