Monday, April 2, 2012

Michael Miller challenge block

A couple of months ago, the Portland Modern Quilt Guild was lucky enough to have Kathy Miller of Michael Miller fabrics come to speak at our meeting. Not only did she give everyone a color card for the new Cotton Couture solids but she also hinted at an upcoming challenge.

Then last month, every member received 8 fat eighths to design a 15.5" x 18.5" block. Kathy will choose something like 16 of them to be made into a quilt for the Michael Miller booth at Quilt Market.

Here's what I came up with:


Not to sound all commercially and everything, but these are really lovely solids to work with. The are so soft and have a very nice drape. I could see them being used for apparel as well as quilting.

I've seen a few other blocks from this challenge popping up and they're really fun. Can't wait to see which ones will be chosen!


4 comments:

  1. Nice block Megan! I hope it is chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cute, Megan. I haven't even started one yet, you and Susan are inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This kicks ass Megan.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!