Thursday, June 21, 2012

Ballet Bag for Bailey

My daughter is four and a half. She's the girliest tomboy I've ever met. When we were making plans for what to do over the summer break, she wanted to take ballet classes. Since her ballet classes are on the same day as swimming lessons, we knew we wouldn't be able to make it home to change into her dance clothes. It seemed a very good excuse to make her a little ballet bag!



This is the wonderful Bento lunch bag tutorial from Ayumi. It's really a perfect little bag. Cute and stylish with some lovely details in the construction that make the whole thing sew up like a dream. I especially like the drawstring cover that lets things stay securely inside even when a certain four and a half year old swings the bag like a lasso.

The cute ballet fabric is a Japanese cotton canvas print from Cool Cottons. Handles and drawstring cover  are Alexander Henry farmdale and heath. The blue dot is an unknown from my stash.

This is the third or fourth time I've used this pattern and I love it. Go make one for yourself!!!

5 comments:

  1. i've had that pattern saved in the "idea file" for so long i've forgotten about it! it's adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to try one of these, your version turned out so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been all that tempted by bags, but this one looks great - perhaps I will be tempted after all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you willing to make and sell one just like this?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is the name of the blue/teal dot fabric you used for the trim?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and answering any questions. Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some time here!